2019 will be the third time that Atlanta will host the Super Bowl, previously hosted in 1994 and 2000. However, this will be the first time players will vie for the Vince Lombardi Trophy in the new Mercedes Benz Stadium. The stadium’s maximum capacity tops at 75,000 and is expected to easily break Atlanta’s previous Super Bowl records. The city is hoping for a better outcome after the 2000 winter storm that lead to hundreds of wrecks, travel delays and disrupting the practice of both competing NFL teams. A lot of residents believe this storm tarnished the city’s chance to host in 2009 and 2010. The owner of the Falcons and ATL United, Arthur Blank, stated “I think the difference this time is that we have a new stadium with a significant public-private partnership”. Weather worries were not a concern this time.
Atlanta’s Super Bowl contract says the concession prices will remain the same as the Falcons games and other stadium events which offers $2 hotdogs, $6 chicken tenders and fries, $5 cheeseburger and large domestic draft beer for only $7. Arthur Blank has been praised for lowering the prices of concession food which has earned the Benz the top overall ranking in the NFL and MLS voice of the fan surveys for quality, variety, speed of service and value.
Need to know:
What: Superbowl LIII (53)
Who: AFC Champion vs. NFC Champion
When: Sunday, Feb. 3rd 2019
Where: Mercedes- Benz Stadium Atlanta, GA
Time: 6:30 p.m. Eastern
TV Channel: CBS
Where do I watch the game?
CBS will be televising the event. People can watch on their local stations via cable or stream the game through the CBS all access subscription app. Tickets to the actual game are currently being offered from 3rd party websites ranging from $3,000-$16,000. The NFL doesn’t sell tickets directly to the public. If you’re looking for the best sports bars to catch the game see a list below
- Stats/ Downtown Atlanta
- Dugans/ Virginia Highlands
- Hudson Grille/ Various Locations
- Punch Bowl Social/ The Battery
- Irby’s Tavern/ Buckhead
- Mazzy’s Sports Bar & Grill/ Marietta
- Midway Pub/ East Atlanta Village
How do I get to the game?
MARTA is the best way to reach the Mercedes Benz stadium in Downtown Atlanta. The Phillips Arena/Benz stop or the Vine City stop are the quickest walks to the stadium. MARTA will be selling commemorative Super Bowl Breeze Cards which is an additional $2 from the initial fare. Every rider must have their own Breeze Card except for children under 6. See additional MARTA details here. Uber and Lyft will also be up and running at the designated drop-off and pick-up locations which are Centennial Olympic Park Drive in front of the CNN Center and on Gameday-Feb. 3rd is Centennial Olympic Park Drive in front of the CNN center and the NAPA Yellow Lot (drop off only).
Pepsi Halftime Show Performers
Maroon 5 has been chosen to perform at the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show with a Travis Scott and other special guests who has not yet been finalized.
- Super Bowl LIVE– at Centennial Olympic Park – free ten-day fan festival with concerts, fireworks and other activities leading up to the big game//Saturday January 26-Monday January 28, then Thursday, January 31 – February 2.
- Super Bowl Experience– Georgia World Congress Center – an eight-day indoor interactive theme park.
- Super Bowl Opening Night– a ticketed event held on January 28 In the State Farm Arena
- NFL Honors, nationally televised awards show held at the Fox Theatre onFebruary 2– recognizes best players and performances in the league
- Bud Light Super Bowl Music Fest– three-night festival from Thursday, January 31 to Saturday, February 2 at the State Farm Arena
- Thursday- Ludacris & Friends, Migos, Lil Yachty & Lil baby, Metro Boomin, Lil Jon and more
- Friday- Aerosmith and Post Malone
- Saturday- Bruno Mars and Cardi B
- Jim Brown Legends of Football Golf Tournament– at Topgolf on Ellsworth Blvd – golf tournament with hall of fame football players and celebrities (Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lott, members from Maroon 5, and more) – January 31
- 2019 Rolling Stone Super Bowl Party –location and performers TBA– from February 1-2
- Off The Field Players’ Wives Fashion Show Super Bowl 2019 –at Shops Buckhead Atlanta – February 1 from 11:30 am-2:30 pm
- 2019 Maxim Super Bowl Party –Feb 2 @ The Fairmont – performers TBA
- World’s Largest Tailgate: A Tailgate with a Mission– at Georgia International Convention Center – Feb 2 11:00 am-7:00 pm
- Atlanta Winter Beer Fest @ Atlantic Station– enjoy over 150+ beer, 25+ ciders and wines, live music, and a DJ – from1-5 pm on Feb 2 – tickets are $40 right now, will increase to $55 day-of
- Big Game Brunch @ Atlantic Station– Feb 3 from 11:00 am-3:00 pm – $55 right now but will increase to $75 day-of
Cover photo courtesy of: Lloyd Brown of Stadium Journey