Douglas Perry was born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She began her real estate career shortly after graduating from Hollins College in 1985. Douglas worked in Washington DC for Pat Dixson Realty which was the top firm in Washington at the time and was licensed in the District, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina.
Douglas married her husband, Craig, and had two children in New York where they lived before moving to Atlanta in 1991. She took a leave of absence from real estate to raise their children and was very involved in the community during those years.
She returned to the real estate world in 2005 with a well known firm and accepted the opportunity to join Beacham and Company in 2007, as one of the original agents. Douglas was the top new agent in 2007 and is a life member of the Multi Millionaire Sales club in Atlanta real estate. She enjoys every aspect of real estate and appreciates the importance of professionalism, honesty and putting the interests of her clients first.
Her daughter, Charlotte Perry, joined Douglas in 2016 to form The Perry Team.
Facts About Douglas
- Born and raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Married in 1988.
- 2 Children
- Hollins College, Roanoke, Virginia – B.A. in American Studies: 1981-1985
- Salem Academy, Winston-Salem, North Carolina: 1978-1981
- The Summit School, Winston-Salem, North Carolina: 1967-1978
- The Ferrell Companies, Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Real Estate Agent: 1987-1988
- Pat Dixon Realty Company, Washington, D.C.: Real Estate Agent: 1985-1986
- Keller Williams, Atlanta, Ga: Real Estate Agent 2005-2006
- Jenny Pruitt, Atlanta, Ga.: Real Estate Agent 2006
- Beacham & Company, Atlanta, Ga.: Real Estate Agent 2007-
- Egleston’s Children’s Hospital
- Emissary Program – Chairman 3 Years
- Auxiliary Board Member – 3 Years
- Patient party Committee – 4 Years
- Festival of Trees – Selection Chairman – 1 Year
- Morris Brandon Elementary School
- Chairman of school’s chief fundraiser
- PTA Board member – 4 Years
- The Schenck School
- Board member – 2 Years
- Chairman of the Parents’ Association
- The Westminster Schools
- Cherokee Garden Library-Board Member- 3 years
Other Volunteer Activities
- Cherokee Garden Club
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- Atlanta History Center
- Southeastern Flower Show
- The Colonial Dames
- The Big Canoe Chapel