If you find yourself on an Atlanta street lined with estate-like houses that make you feel like the protagonist in a Margaret Mitchell novel, chances are you’re probably in Buckhead. Where the grandfather trees end, the ritziest of city streets begin. Buckhead is undoubtedly the swankiest neighborhood in the city with trendy new restaurants and posh boutiques opening their doors daily. Slowly, but surely, the new vision of Buckhead is becoming a reality, and architects and developers alike claim that the already esteemed community will soon give Rodeo Drive a run for its money. Click here to check out these renderings of the new Buckhead in Curbed Atlanta.
If you’re hungry for something, Buckhead’s got it. With seasoned vets like Buckhead Life Group and newcomers like Ford Fry and Hugh Acheson attracting Atlanta foodies from all over the city, Atlanta is finally on the map when it comes to fine dining. Here are just a few of the best new places to grab a bite around town.
- King + Duke: You can’t mention new Atlanta restaurants without giving a shout out to this unique hot spot recently opened by Ford Fry. Neighbors with Beacham & Company, this foodie haven is built around a 24-foot fire fueled open hearth, making dinner more of a performance than a meal.
- Empire State South: This farm-to-table restaurant was Hugh Acheson’s first big city project and an immediate hit. The food has a Southern Theme with a French twist.
- Del Friscos Grille: Located right in the center of Buckhead, this restaurant owner probably didn’t have to do much marketing to get noticed by Buckhead’s finest. When you’re driving around the “Buckhead curve,” it’s hard to miss this upscale American restaurant’s double decker patio.
- Cook Hall: Just inside of the W Buckhead, you’ll find this trending spot. Known for their yummy cocktails, it’s not just Buckhead hotel stayers that are gracing its tables and bar stools with their presence.
- Seven Lamps: Nestled in Buckhead’s Shops Around Lenox, this new attraction has been filling up since its doors opened. If you fancy yourself a lover of craft food and drinks, this is your spot.
With two world-renowned shopping malls, there’s no need to explain why Buckhead is known as the shopping mecca of the Southeast. However, beyond the malls, there are several fabulous boutiques that shoppers might miss if they don’t know who to ask. Below are some of the city’s up and coming boutiques owned by fashionistas that scour the scene to find the most stylish stuff without having to sit in mall traffic.
- Morgan Kylee.: Opened up by Atlanta native, Morgan Henzlick, this fashion lovers haven is home to some of the most sought after lines in the industry, as well as labels that fly under the radar and right onto her racks. Opened in 2011, this boutique’s collection walks the line between eclectic style and classic chic. Located right in the middle of Buckhead, sho
- Sage: Since opening in 1997, owner and founder, Shannon Kitchens, along with her mother and husband team, has brought Sage to multiple Atlanta store locations and online shopping. They offer a select choice of clothing, handbags, accessories, and jewelry all for an exceptional value and quality! They stock new arrivals weekly, and remain focused on customer service as their number one priority.
- Festivity: Festivity is a fresh and forward mix of gift, home decor, accessories and clothing. This fashion-forward lifestyle boutique is the south’s most cutting edge retail concept. The handpicked, eclectic assortment of clothing, jewelry, purses and home goods offers something for everyone.
- Luna: LUNA is a contemporary women’s clothing boutique with a wide collection of designer denim , jewelry, accessories & clothing for women of all ages.
- The Bilt House: The original Bilt-House is a Buckhead staple for shopping. This store is packed with great clothes, yard art, accessories, and even has a wonderful alterations department.
You can’t mention Buckhead without talking about the fabulous architecture that lines it’s streets. From West Wesley to West Paces and in between, the houses are some of the most monumental in the Southeast. Here are just a few of Beacham & Company’s most show stopping listings in this prestigious Atlanta community.
Click on the links for more information about these beautiful properties.